The world is changing. How can we inspire and equip students to launch future careers that don’t even exist today? How can we help them prepare and gain the skills they need to succeed?
Edge Factor proudly presents the all-new Careers of the Future series, which showcases how emerging and disruptive technologies are impacting every industry.
Each episode features a story of a company embracing cutting-edge technology like AI, automation, robotics, the Internet of Things and Industry 4.0, to change lives.
These stories take a look at where we have been, where we are today, and most importantly, what tomorrow might look like, as we merge technology with the hands and minds of the next generation.
What are the careers of the future?
We partnered with Monroe Community College, to create and film the following Careers of the Future short stories, to show you:
- Healthcare and AI: With advancements in computer and digital imaging, Radiologists from the University of Rochester Medical Center are able to access and analyze X-rays, CT scans, and MRI images using AI, to increase the speed in which patients are diagnosed and treated.
- Agriculture and Big Data: Using computer-driven logistics systems, Wegmans Food Markets are able to track millions of products every day and provide superior customer service.
- Manufacturing and Augmented Reality: Augmented reality is increasing the efficiency of canned foods production at LiDestri Food and Drink.
- The Environment and Robotics: With the use of robotics and computer technology, teams of people at Greenpac Mill are working to reduce our consumption, reduce waste, and better protect the environment with recycling processes.
- Aerospace and Additive Manufacturing: This story showcases a team of people building nozzles for some of the most powerful and efficient GE, CFM, and Engine Alliance gas turbine engines in the world.
- Information Technology and Solar Power: The team at Greenspark are working to ensure universal access to affordable, reliable energy services, as well as increase the efficiency of electrical products.
Thank you to Monroe Community College, ABB, and Mastercam for making this content possible and partnering with Edge Factor.
Educators, parents, and businesses can share these videos with students to inspire them to imagine and prepare for future career opportunities. This content will also be included in the Future Skills Experience.
To watch these videos today, visit: edgefactor.com/inspiration
Register for Future Skills Experience today!