Together they are providing two free toolkits, filled with high-impact media that showcases manufacturing stories, careers, technology, and soft skills. These toolkits will be used in classrooms, homes, and at events like MFG DAY (Manufacturing Day) to inspire and prepare students and job-seekers to launch rewarding manufacturing careers.
Aligning Commitment to Improve Workforce Development
PMA’s mission is to shape the environment of the metalforming industry, leading innovative member companies toward superior competitiveness and profitability. Their commitment is to partner with hundreds of member companies and organizations to recruit, train and retain people of all backgrounds for manufacturing careers and help propel North America forward.
PMA member companies are able to access resources designed to help them become more connected, more informed, more efficient and ultimately, more profitable. This is accomplished through the following programs and resources:
- Metalform EDU: A program is designed for the metalforming industry that includes 37 PMA-exclusive courses and more than 700 courses in specific skills used on the job.
- Education and Events: Year-round industry events, conferences and educational programs that offer invaluable networking opportunities and information to help businesses grow.
- Workforce Development: Online training which includes technical seminars, custom in-plant training, online and paper assessments, the Management Development Academy (MDA), and numerous events at a national and regional level.
- Connecting Business: Along with advocating for metalforming businesses, and providing publications with feature articles, expert commentaries, industry news, and state-of-the-art product updates, PMA also connects businesses with events in their local districts.
Together, PMA and Edge Factor understand the tremendous need to empower companies with tangible tools to build their workforce pipeline.
“With an ever-growing need to build the workforce pipeline and fill the skills gap, there is no better time to recognize the opportunities that exist in manufacturing,” said Jeremy Bout, President & Founder of Edge Factor, “By linking arms with the PMA, we will equip organizations across North America to engage families at home and students in classrooms - to inspire and build the future workforce.”
Edge Factor’s Career Exploration Journey
The Precision Metalforming Association (PMA) understands the importance of a skilled and trained workforce. PMA’s commitment to helping its members fill the manufacturing skills gap is demonstrated through this continued partnership.
Edge Factor uses the power of cinematic storytelling to take students and job-seekers on a journey from "I have no idea what I want to do with my life" to discovering industries, careers, CTE and postsecondary programs, Soft Skills, STEAM and local opportunities. We have criss-crossed North America to produce thousands of videos and interactive activities that highlight every industry and deliver these tools through our platform. The people behind each company featured in Edge Factor videos have stories and career opportunities worth sharing. Stories of real life people making a difference in their communities, who are building ecosystems and paving the way for the next generation of innovators, manufacturers and entrepreneurs.
Edge Factor and partners that include PMA, are launching event toolkits for companies, schools, and workforce leaders to share and inspire students and job-seekers to launch career pathways! Each toolkit will be available for FREE for 3 months and will include videos such as Career Profiles, Soft Skills on-the-Job, virtual field trips, award winning edutainment films, and more. Families, students, and community members will be able to watch these videos in their homes, at live or virtual events, in presentations, over social media, in newsletters, and beyond.
With these toolkits and other components of this partnership, PMA and their member companies will engage families and job-seekers at home and online, reach educators, school counselors, and students in classrooms, and engage community members at events.
PMA member companies are invited to spread the word and share the links to view the toolkits, and when possible, to host presentations on the opportunities they offer. Each toolkit includes promotional tools and practical “How To” Guides for companies, schools, and workforce leaders to host an engaging event, with checklists on everything they need to know on how to plan, promote, host and follow-up on engaging virtual or live events.
PMA is specifically partnering with Edge Factor on the following two Toolkits:
- Rock MFG DAY: available for free in September - November 2022. October is Manufacturing Day/ Month and we are providing the 2022 Rock MFG DAY kit for everyone to highlight the extraordinary world of advanced manufacturing. This toolkit includes resources to promote manufacturing careers and technology and showcase how STEAM comes alive in this industry.
- Future Skills Toolkit: available for free in December 2022 - February 2023. As students are choosing which programs to enroll in for the following year, Edge Factor’s Future Skills toolkit will promote and celebrate technical education programs and encourage students to get involved! This will be a great tool for US organizations to celebrate CTE Month too!
Engaging with Communities!
Edge Factor unites efforts in a community through our e-learning platform. We have created thousands of videos, interactive activities, and lesson plans that focus on career exploration. K-12 and Postsecondary schools, companies, and organizations partner with Edge Factor to help tackle workforce development regionally and nationally.
Using the power of storytelling, Edge Factor media showcases industries and career profiles, teaches soft skills, shows how STEAM comes alive on-the-job, teaches Financial Literacy, provides Virtual Workplace Experiences, promotes training and career opportunities, and much more. Each of the toolkits includes specially selected videos and tools from Edge Factor’s robust library, to meet the target audience and theme of the toolkit.
Learn more about Edge Factor
Get Connected. Stay Connected.
Sign up for the Edge Factor Newsletter and follow us on social media to receive the latest updates on features, events, and initiatives that will help you build the future workforce.
Questions? Feedback? Contact us.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on the Live Chat. We’d love to hear from you.