Across North America there is a need to strengthen and ensure the future of the manufacturing industry. More and more workforce development leaders are working together to bridge the skills gap and inspire the next generation. The National Tooling and Machining Association (NTMA) was founded in 1943 and is committed to leading the charge amid the ever changing technologies and advancements in the industry by partnering with Edge Factor.
With a special focus on the future of manufacturing their members include small and medium-sized companies, many of them family owned or privately held. They connect precision manufacturers to advance and secure the industry for future generations. NTMA is partnering with Edge Factor to provide its members with tools to inspire, engage and connect with students and job-seekers preparing to launch rewarding careers in the exciting world of advanced manufacturing. This partnership will help to provide opportunities for young people to prepare for a successful career and become effective future leaders.
Engage, Inspire and Prepare the Future Workforce
NTMA provides programs for students that give them hands-on experience, and transferable skills they can use in real world careers. Here are 5 ways NTMA is working to engage, inspire and prepare students & job-seekers for the future.
- Advanced Manufacturing Practice & Education Development (AMPED) aims to tackle the biggest problem manufacturing companies face, recruiting and training the next generation. AMPED provides opportunities for current and future professionals to expand their skills so they can develop their careers.
- NTMA-U is a fully online educational program which aims to help those students who benefit from learning in a non-traditional classroom setting. Students are given the opportunity to earn certificates, or college credits.
- National Robotic League is a program that links students & educators from middle school, high school, and college, with NTMA members. Students use in class learning of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) as they compete in robotic competitions, form partnerships with manufacturers and prepare to launch successful careers in manufacturing.
- Pre-Apprenticeship and Apprenticeship programs help job-seekers develop entry-level skills for employment at a manufacturing company and enhance the skills set for existing employees.
- Edge Factor partnership provides NTMA and their members with cinematic media and tools to inspire and build a skilled workforce pipeline - today, tomorrow, and for years to come. At the heart of this partnership, NTMA’s network of students, educators, families and companies will be provided access to e-learning resources, 4 specific toolkits, and Company Profiles to promote advanced manufacturing careers and raise awareness of who they are and what they do.
“As a manufacturer turned filmmaker, I am very thankful to link arms with the NTMA team. Having spent many years in the manufacturing industry, I know many of the NTMA members and see the incredible opportunities a student would have working in the manufacturing industry. It is an amazing world of opportunity for young men and women to kickstart a great career.”
- Jeremy Bout, President & Founder, Edge Factor
Engage the next Generation with a Great Story
Edge Factor uses the power of cinematic storytelling to take students and job-seekers on a journey from "I have no idea what I want to do with my life" to discovering industries, careers, CTE and postsecondary programs, Soft Skills, STEAM and local opportunities. We have criss-crossed North America to produce thousands of videos and interactive activities that highlight every industry and deliver these tools through our platform.The people behind each company featured in Edge Factor videos have stories and career opportunities worth sharing. Stories of real life people making a difference in their communities, who are building ecosystems and paving the way for the next generation of innovators, manufacturers and entrepreneurs.
From January to December 2022, Edge Factor and partners that include NTMA, are launching 4 event toolkits for companies, schools, and workforce leaders to share and inspire students and job-seekers to launch career pathways! Each toolkit will be available for FREE for 3 months and will include videos such as Career Profiles, Soft Skills on-the-Job, virtual field trips, award winning edutainment films, and more. Families, students, and community members will be able to watch these videos in their homes, at live or virtual events, in presentations, over social media, in newsletters, and beyond.
Together, NTMA and Edge Factor understand the tremendous need to improve workforce development. With these 4 toolkits and other components of this partnership, NTMA and their member companies will engage families and job-seekers at home and online, reach educators, school counsellors, and students in classrooms, and engage community members at events.
NTMA member companies are invited to spread the word and share the links to view the toolkits, and when possible, to host presentations on the opportunities they offer. Each toolkit includes promotional tools and practical “How To” Guides for companies, schools, and workforce leaders to host an engaging event, with checklists on everything they need to know on how to plan, promote, host and follow-up on engaging virtual or live events.
Pre-register today for the free 2022 Toolkits.
- Future Skills Toolkit: available for free in January - February 2022 - As students are choosing which programs to enroll in for the following year, Edge Factor’s Future Skills toolkit will promote and celebrate technical education programs and encourage students to get involved! (This will be a great tool for US organizations to celebrate CTE Month too!)
- Diversity in Skilled Trades Toolkit: available for free in March - May 2022 - This toolkit is all about showcasing diverse people in diverse careers in the skilled trades. Coinciding with awareness days like March’s “International Women's Day” and April’s “Celebrate Diversity” Month, this toolkit will provide a ton of content for your organization and network to celebrate real life men and women who have launched rewarding career pathways.
- Summer Camp Toolkit: available for free in June - August 2022 - Summer Learning Programs and Summer Camps are in need of turnkey tools to engage students! This toolkit shows how Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math all come alive in real world careers! Perfect for summer camps or family activities.
- Rock MFG DAY: available for free in September - November 2022 - October is Manufacturing Day/ Month and we are providing the 2022 Rock MFG DAY kit for everyone to highlight the extraordinary world of advanced manufacturing. This toolkit includes resources to promote manufacturing careers and technology and showcase how STEAM comes alive in this industry.
Uniting the Silos in a Community
Edge Factor unites efforts in a community through our e-learning platform. We have created thousands of videos, interactive activities, and lesson plans that focus on career exploration. K-12 and Postsecondary schools, companies, and organizations partner with Edge Factor to help tackle workforce development regionally and nationally. Using the power of storytelling, Edge Factor media showcases industries and career profiles, teaches soft skills, shows how STEAM comes alive on-the-job, teaches Financial Literacy, provides Virtual Workplace Experiences, promotes training and career opportunities, and much more. Each of the 4 toolkits in 2022 will include specially selected videos and tools from Edge Factor’s robust library, to meet the target audience and theme of the toolkit.
Learn more about Edge Factor
Questions? Feedback? Contact us.
Email: email@example.com or message us on the Live Chat. We’d love to hear from you.