FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 14, 2021 - This year, ABB is partnering with Edge Factor as a Diamond Partner, to equip organizations across North America with six Experience toolkits to inspire students and job-seekers to pursue career pathways. This strategic Workforce Development initiative will provide schools, companies, and Workforce leaders with FREE access to high impact multimedia, a Keynote presentation, promotional tools, and practical guidebook on how to plan, promote, host and follow-up on engaging Experiences. These online Experiences empower students, parents, and job-seekers to explore Skilled Trades, Apprenticeships, Career and Technical Education programs, careers, STEAM, and soft skills.
Edge Factor, a widely-used e-learning platform has created thousands of videos, interactive activities, and lesson plans that focus on career exploration. K-12 and Postsecondary schools, companies, and organizations partner with Edge Factor to help tackle workforce development regionally and nationally. Using the power of storytelling, Edge Factor media showcases industries and career profiles, teaches soft skills, shows how STEAM comes alive on-the-job, provides Virtual Workplace Experiences, and promotes training and career opportunities.
Featuring select tools from the Edge Factor library, six free Experiences will be available during specific 2021 months, for organizations to share in classrooms, homes, and at events. Click here to learn more and register for each Experience: edgefactor.com/free-experiences
“Edge Factor is proud to be linking arms with an organization that gets the big picture, but also the need to be in the trenches doing the hard work and heavy lifting needed to build the workforce pipeline,” said Jeremy Bout, President of Edge Factor. “We value the willingness of the ABB team, to try new ideas together and look forward to seeing lives change through this renewed partnership.”
“ABB is very proud to support the 2021 Experiences,” said Tracy Long, Vice President Communications for the North American Motion Business Area. “With multiple manufacturing locations in the US and Canada, we understand how critical manufacturing is to our economies and communities. EdgeFactor Experiences allow students to develop the skills they need to be successful throughout our industry, today and in the future.”
ABB is specifically partnering with Edge Factor on the following six 2021 Experiences:
- Future Skills (Jan - Feb 2021) - As students are choosing which programs to enroll in for the following year, Edge Factor’s Future Skills Experience will promote and celebrate technical education programs and encourage students to get involved! (This will be a great tool for US organizations to celebrate CTE Month too.)
- Women in Skilled Trades (Mar - Apr 2021) -- To celebrate International Women’s Day/ Month, this toolkit will feature a special collection of tools that Edge Factor has created that feature women in skilled trades! The goal of this Experience is encourage more women and female students to pursue career pathways in diverse skilled trades.
- Indigenous Tradespeople (May - June 2021) - Edge Factor has created deep libraries of content and success stories featuring Indigenous Community Members in skilled trades! This Experience will coincide with June’s National Indigenous History Month and promote skilled trades to Indigenous students and communities.
- Summer Camps (July-August 2021) - Summer Learning Programs and Summer Camps are in need of turnkey tools to engage students! This Experience will bring STEAM to life and provide meaningful tools to engage students during summer months.
- Rock MFG DAY (Sept-October 2021) - October is Manufacturing Day/ Month and Edge Factor is providing the 2021 Rock MFG DAY kit for everyone to highlight the extraordinary world of advanced manufacturing. This toolkit will include resources to promote manufacturing careers and technology and showcase how STEAM comes alive in this industry.
- Apprenticeships (Nov-Dec 2021) - There are many training pathways that lead to successful careers - Apprenticeships offer incredible opportunities for students to gain real world skills and earn money while they learn! The Apprenticeships Experience will provide inspirational and informational tools for students and parents to discover the power of apprenticeship programs.
To pre-register for these free 2021 Experiences, visit edgefactor.com/free-experiences.
For more information on ABB, please visit new.abb.com or email Tracy Long at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Edge Factor or to book a demo, please visit edgefactor.com or email email@example.com.