February 22, 2021 - California Department of Education established the Arts, Media, and Entertainment (CA-AME) industry sector to support high school students interested in pursuing careers in California’s thriving creative workforce. This year, the CA-AME coalition is partnering with Edge Factor as a Diamond Partner, to equip schools and organizations across California with six Experience toolkits to inspire students and job-seekers to pursue career pathways. This strategic Career and Technical Education initiative will provide schools, companies, and workforce leaders with FREE access to high impact multimedia, a Keynote presentation, promotional tools, and practical guidebook on how to plan, promote, host and follow-up on engaging virtual events. These online Experiences empower students, parents, and job-seekers to explore Skilled Trades, Apprenticeships, Career and Technical Education programs, careers, STEAM, and soft skills.
Edge Factor, a widely-used e-learning platform has created thousands of videos, interactive activities, and lesson plans that focus on career exploration. K-12 and Postsecondary schools, companies, and organizations partner with Edge Factor to help tackle workforce development regionally and nationally. Using the power of storytelling, Edge Factor media showcases industries and career profiles, teaches soft skills, shows how STEAM comes alive on-the-job, provides Virtual Workplace Experiences, and promotes training and career opportunities.
Featuring select tools from the Edge Factor library, six free Experiences will be available during specific 2021 months, for organizations to share in classrooms, homes, and at events. Click here to learn more and register for each Experience: edgefactor.com/free-experiences
“231,000 students are enrolled in Arts, Media, and Entertainment programs across California,” said Larissa Hofman, Vice President of Edge Factor. “In a time when schools are in hybrid and virtual learning environments, CTE educators are looking for high impact tools to engage students in-person and at home. Partnering together with the awesome team at CA-AME, we are providing free tools for California educators to meaningfully connect with students and move them forward in their learning and in their career exploration journey.”
The CA-AME Coalition has launched an initiatives campaign to provide year-round work based learning resources and opportunities to students and teachers. Edge Factor’s commitment to developing Arts, Media and Entertainment industry-focused video content and building a Free for California Students landing page demonstrates a shared goal of increasing access to this information for students throughout the state, in both rural and urban communities, as well as for students who are typically underrepresented in these industries. To view this developing project and access free tools, visit: edgefactor.com/california-students. Everyone can access and share all of the videos and Lesson Plans on this page!
CA-AME is specifically partnering with Edge Factor on six 2021 Experiences and highlighting the “A” for “Art” in STEAM:
- Future Skills (Jan - Feb 2021) - As students are choosing which programs to enroll in for the following year, Edge Factor’s Future Skills Experience will promote and celebrate technical education programs and encourage students to get involved! (This is a fantastic tool for schools to celebrate CTE Month!)
- Women in Skilled Trades (Mar - Apr 2021) - To celebrate International Women’s Day/ Month, this toolkit will feature a special collection of tools that Edge Factor has created that feature women in creative careers and skilled trades.
- Indigenous Tradespeople (May - June 2021) - Edge Factor has created deep libraries of content and success stories featuring Indigenous tradespeople! This Experience will coincide with June’s National Indigenous History Month and promote skilled trades to Indigenous students and communities.
- Summer Camps (July-August 2021) - Summer Learning Programs and Summer Camps are in need of turnkey tools to engage students! This Experience will bring STEAM to life and provide meaningful tools to engage students during summer months.
- Rock MFG DAY (Sept-October 2021) - October is Manufacturing Day/ Month and Edge Factor is providing the 2021 Rock MFG DAY kit for everyone to highlight the extraordinary world of advanced manufacturing. This toolkit will include resources to promote manufacturing careers and technology and showcase how Art comes alive in this industry.
- Apprenticeships (Nov-Dec 2021) - There are many training pathways that lead to successful careers - Apprenticeships offer incredible opportunities for students to gain real world skills and earn money while they learn! The Apprenticeships Experience will provide inspirational and informational tools for students and parents to discover the power of apprenticeship programs.
To pre-register for these free 2021 Experiences, visit edgefactor.com/free-experiences.
For more information on CA-AME, please visit https://ca-ameschools.net/ or email Ashley Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Edge Factor or to book a demo, please visit edgefactor.com or email Larissa Hofman at email@example.com.